my blog for Web Layout and Design class (formerly for Digital New Media class).

Monday, March 19, 2007

Round Two.


I've been needing for awhile now to relaunch a fresh website for a company I work with. I was bargaining over the weekend with a web designer. I brought her down from $5500 to $4500 and then had an epiphany: I'll do it myself, god-dammit!

I realize this may be a heavy undertaking, especially considering the results of my last project, but I also think this will be the perfect motivation to do a great site, as well as reach beyond the scope of my current web-design class skills.

Here is the current site. It is a fashion house for a young clothing designer. Really interesting stuff with a lot of personality and character to contribute to a potentially very cool site. I want it reformatted to flash design, all of the content revised and reorganized, and the site updated with the most recent collection and show footage. Basically, everything totally redone--a new site. I already have some design ideas, since I had them ready anyway to meet with the person I would have been hiring. Additional content that will be on the website will include the video of the show and lookbook from the last collection, as well as archival photos/video from past shows and collections. I also want to include a feature where I can track trafiic.

No comments: