my blog for Web Layout and Design class (formerly for Digital New Media class).

Monday, April 09, 2007

home stretch.



Above is an index page for my site that I spent way too much time on. I wanted something simple, but then things got more complicated. I was going for class with a touch of edge. I'm a fan of the etched lines that are suppose to represent seams. I'm not sure what will go in the lower right quarter on the homepage. Probably just a single image.

The menu bar includes:
BIOGRAPHY
COLLECTIONS
PRESS
SHOWS
BACKSTAGE
FRIENDS
COMING UP...
CONTACT

I plan on incorporating rollovers into the menu bar. The "Biography" will feature Levi's biography, and I'd like to use a scrollbar for that. The "Collections" page will have different seasons listed, then within each season I plan on having swap image effects to view the garments. The "Press" page will have links to external websites. The "Shows" page will include video footage from past shows (Quicktime?). "Backstage" will include swap images from backstage coverage. "Friends" will have links to external friends'/collaborators websites. "Coming Up..." will include dates for upcoming shows or collection releases. Contact will be an email link. I also plan on using CSS for the table border and background of the site.

I have more than the required 3 utilizations, so not all of these pages may come to fruition, but this is the plan as of now.

No comments: