my blog for Web Layout and Design class (formerly for Digital New Media class).

Monday, October 02, 2006

Art

Cory Arcangel's opening was packed! At one point, I felt like I was bobbing for apples as I dug through the barrel of ice and water in desperate search of a Rolling Rock.

Due to the crowd, It was difficult to get a good look, or hear, of some of the projects. I didn't get to listen to the Dazed and Confused Headphones. My friend told me it was translated to Hindi then backtranslated to English. My favorite piece was the one that had (and I think this is what was going on...) the color bands changing with every cut of a movie. I'm not sure what movie it was. In sum, it may beg for another visit so that I can get a closer look at his work.

This week's Science in The City features a Dorkbot event which has some interesting multimedia projects.

No comments: