my blog for Web Layout and Design class (formerly for Digital New Media class).

Monday, January 29, 2007

My Shiny Happy Research


It doesn't look like I have too much to compete with on the creativity front as far as funeral websites go. All of them look the same. They all must assume that what the outside of the funeral home looks like is the most important consideration to the customer, because every site prominently displays a picture of the home's exterior on the front page. And it's always a shiny happy day. Many also feature pictures of the "team" that runs the funeral home. They're all shiny happy people--People I'd definitely hand-pick to handle my dead husband's body. Some sites display religious icons to communicate the affiliation of the religion. Other important factors are of course contact information and directions...TO HELL!
I'm getting some website ideas...

No comments: