my blog for Web Layout and Design class (formerly for Digital New Media class).

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Hardest assignment yet. Albeit 1st.


A surprisingly tough request. As much time as I waste on the internets, one would think that I'd know some cool-looking sites. The following is a mix of some that look hot, some that don't. Some I visit and navigate often, while some I hardly touch.

Some I just found. They're toward the end. Accordingly, the examples get more interesting as the list goes on.

www.youaredamned.com. The coolest looking site I know*. Though, I wish there were some kind of search feature where I could locate names.

www.becominghuman.org. Becoming Human features an interactive documentary that I think takes fledgling steps toward interactive learning.

drunkmenworkhere.org/memetree.php. Now this is very interesting. I have no idea how it works. But what's happening is the site is showing the spread of an idea. In this example, the spread is illustrated by people linking to the site. Maybe I'll get a branch now.

And, at this point I've resorted to googling "cool looking sites."... I give http://coolwebsites.dk/ credit for the following:

www.deepsun.net/eng/. I enjoy the colors, background, and general zen serenity of this site.

www.diet-riot.net Food rioting, warring, and break-dancing. I have no idea what's going on and I love it.

*Written before finishing the blog post. I may have to vote for the fighting food now.

No comments: